One of the efforts that have been striving to have regional economic cooperation in South and Central Asia so as to assist Afghanistan is Regional Economic Cooperation Conference on Afghanistan (RECCA). RECCA is a forum that has been managed to promote stabilization in Afghanistan and South and Central Asian regional economic integration.
Fourth Regional Economic Cooperation Conference on Afghanistan (RECCA IV) was held in Istanbul 2010, November 2-3. RECCA participants recommended to improve the a) Infrastructure (Regional Roads, Railways, Extractive Mine Industry, Public-private partnerships and investment to enable commercially viable), b) Trade, Transit and border management (Regional Transit and Trade Agreements, Trade Facilitation, Customs and Transport Infrastructure Harmonization and Upgrade, Enhancement of Border Cooperation), c) Education and vocational training, d) Agriculture, f) Small and medium enterprises and others. Final document of the Conference became The Istanbul Declaration.
For more details, please see the following documents:
- Fourth Regional Economic Cooperation Conference on Afghanistan (RECCA IV)-Istanbul, 2-3 November 2010- The Istanbul Declaration
- Working Group Paper on Economic Development (Agriculture)
- Working Group Paper on Human Resource Development (Education and Vocational Training)
- Working Group Paper on Infrastructure (Energy, Mines and Transport)
- Working Group Paper on Economic Development (Labor Migration)
- Small to Medium Enterprise Papers