The Sixth Regional Economic Cooperation Conference on Afghanistan
Program Agenda & Speeches
Day I - RECCA Working Group Meetings
3 September 2015, Kabul
- Welcome Address by H.E. Hekmat Khalil Karzai, Deputy Foreign Minister of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Here
- Keynote Speech by H.E. Abdul Satar Murad, Minister of Economy, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Here
First Working Group Session
Regional Energy & Natural Resource Cooperation
- Mir Ahmad Javaid Sadat, Deputy Minister of Policy, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum of Afghanistan - IPP of Mazar and role of private sector. Here
- Hameed Quraishi, Operations Officer, Energy and Extractives, The World Bank – Central Asia-South Asia Power Transmission Project CASA-1000. Here
- Serdar Periyev, Director, Ministry of Oil and Gaz Industries and Natural Resources of Turkmenistan – The new phase of TAPI. Here
- Abdul Razaq Samadi, General Director of De Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat. Here
- Kazakhstan – Islamic Organization for Food Security. Here
Second Working Group Session
- Yamma Shams, Afghanistan – Afghanistan National Railway Plan and the Way Forward. Here
- Baryalai Hassam, Afghanistan – Digital Silk Road. Here
- Wang Daohao, Commercial Councilor of the Chinese Embassy in Afghanistan – Promoting the Building of the Belt and Road, Accelerating the Regional Connectivity. Here
- Waliullah Afkhami, Director of Development Organizations, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamic Republic of Iran – The Importance of Chabahar Port.
- Pakistan – Connecting Gwadar Port to the Central Asia. Here
- Idibek Kalandarov, Head of the Department for International Organization, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Tajikistan – Railway networks connectivity between Tajikistan and Afghanistan as the main prerequisite of the New Silk Road. Here
- L. Savithri, Director, SAARC Secretariat – South Asia Free Trade (SAFTA). Here
Third Working Group Session
Promoting Regional Trade, Private Sector Development, and Business-to-Business Cooperation across Asia through Afghanistan
- Najibullah Wardak, Director General of Customs, Ministry of Finance – Afghan Customs Way Ahead. Here
- Omer Almehry, United Arab Emirates – Dry Ports. Here
- Rudrendra Tandon, Joint Secretary (Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran), Ministry of External Affairs of India – Trade & Customs Harmonization. Here
- Mohammad Qurban Haqjo, President & CEO, Afghanistan Investment Support Agency, Empowering Investment Initiatives in the Region. Here
- Nadeem Seddiqi – Senior Manager on Afghanistan and Pakistan, International Financial Corporation – Public Private Partnership.
- Ece Aksop, Foreign Trade Expert, Ministry of Economy of Republic of Turkey – Promoting Cross-Border Private Sector Development in the region. Here
- Larry Sampler, Assistant to the Administrator, Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs – USAID Private Sector Development Projects in Afghanistan and in the Region. Here
- Dr Aynul Hasan, Director, Macroeconomic Policy and Development Division, UNESCAP, Doing Business in Afghanistan Report. Here
- Chaired by: H.E. Assadullah Zamir, Minister of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock. Here
- Presentation on the outcomes of three working groups and two side events by its rapporteurs.
Day II - Ministerial Meeting
4 September 2015, Kabul
- Welcome Remarks by H.E. Salahuddin Rabbani, Foreign Minister of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
- Transcript of Remarks Delivered by H.E. Mohammad Ashraf Ghani, President of I.R. Afghanistan. Here
- Statement by H.E. Sirodjdin Aslov, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Tajikistan. Here
- Statement by H.E. Muhammetguly Muhammedov, Minister of Finance of Turkmenistan. Here
- Statement by H.E. Abdolreza Rahmani Fazli, Minister of Interior, Islamic Republic of Iran. Here
- Statement by H.E. Sartaj Aziz, Advisor to the Prime Minister on National Security and Foreign Affairs, Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Here
- Statement by H.E. Arjun B. Thapa, Secretary General, South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation.
Chaired by Minister of Foreign Affairs, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
- Report by Government of Afghanistan: Progress, Challenges and the New RECCA Process by H.E. Hekmat Khalil Karzai, Deputy Foreign Minister, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
Statements by Heads of Delegation.
- Deng Xijun, Chinese Ambassador to Afghanistan. Here
- Philippe Merlin, Charge de affairs, French Embassy in Kabul. Here
- E Mr. Omar Ahmad Karim Al-Barzenjee, Deputy Foreign Minister, Iraq. Here
- Hiroshi TAKAHASHI, Ambassador of Japan in Afghanistan. Here
- E. Takir Balykbayev – Deputy Minister of Education and Science (Deputy Co-Chair of Kazakhstan-Afghanistan intergovernmental commission). Here
- Mohammad Suliaman Aldalilan, Senior Economist, Saudi Fund for Development. Here
- Yuri Senturin, State Secretary, Deputy Minister of Energy, Russian Federation. Here
- Maria Aurora Mejia Errasquin, Special Representative, Spain. Here
- E. Ambassador Ali Sait Akın, Ambassador of the Republic of Turkey in Afghanistan. Here
- Pauline Maria Hayes, Director Western Asia Division, Department for International Development, United Kingdom. Here
- Mohammad Qurban Haqjo, President of Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA). Here
- Nurjehan Mawani, Diplomatic Representative, Agha Khan Development Foundation, Afghanistan. Here
- Sayed Jalaleddin Alavi Sabzevari, Deputy Secretary General of Economic Cooperation Organization. Here
- Mr .Stefan Huber, Deputy Head of Mission and charge de affairs, European Union. Here
- Sayed Aqa, Vice President, Islamic Development Bank. Here
- Tareq Y. M. Almenayes, Economic Advisor, Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development. Here
- E Mr. Nicholas Haysom, SRSG, UNAMA. Here
- Annette Dixon, South Asia Region Vice President, World Bank. Here
Future of Regional Economic Cooperation
- Chaired by Minister of Foreign Affairs, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
- Statement by H.E. Abdullah Abdullah, Chief Executive of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
- Presentation by Rapporteur of the Working Group Meetings.
- Presentation by Rapporteur of the Academic Forum.
- Presentation of the RECCA Essay Contest Winner.
- Closing remarks by H.E. Dr. Abdullah Abdullah, Chief Executive of the I. R. of Afghanistan. Here
Luncheon Side Event I
Economic Integration in The “Heart of Asia”
Role of Regional Organizations
- Opening by: Dr Aynul Hasan, Director, Macroeconomic Policy and Development Division, UNESCAP.
- Keynote Address: E. Abdul Satar Murad, Minister of Economy, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
Side Event II
Renewable Energy Session (Participation by Invitation)
- Opening by: Aman Ghalib, Director of Renewable Energy, Ministry of Energy and Water
- Chaired by: E. Ali Ahmad Osmani, Minister of Energy & Water, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
- Closing by: Mohammad Humayon Qayoumi, Chief Adviser to the President, Infrastructure, Human Capital, & Technology.
Press release by H.E Salahuddin Rabbani, Minister of Foreign Affairs at GMIC. Here